What is Adventure Therapy?
Adventure (psycho) therapy is an action-based experiential approach to group psychotherapy. “When I crossed Africa solo on horseback – besides being an intense experience, it was also very therapeutic. I had to employ real and/or perceived (physical and psychological) possibilities and dangers,” says Yolandé Geyser, the Founder of Papillon. Like all the Papillon therapies, December’s programme is unique and endorsed by industry leaders in adventure.
Daily Adventure Therapies:
- Exploring lion in their natural habitat
- Walking in nature reserves with rhino and other protected species
- Exploring flora and fauna in indigenous horticulture settings
- Urban walking tours of Soweto, where clients can explore Mandela’s house and go underground to see where gold is mined
- The Cradle of Humankind is a paleoanthropological site
- Accredited First Aid training levels 1 to 3
- Art therapy while observing wild animals
- Group Therapies
All group therapies are run by our multidisciplinary team, click here to read more about the team.
- Life Skills workshops
- Occupational Therapy groups
- Various support groups focusing on issues such as anxiety, stigma, depression
Individual Weekly Sessions:
- Social Worker
- Occupational Therapist
- Experience true African food created with you, step-by-step, by our chef
- Picnics and barbeques are also on the menu
- R31 000.00 for locals
- £1 950.00 for international clients (excluding international flights to partake in programme)
All inclusive, withstanding psychiatrists’ bill and medication.
Dates: Monday 4th December, 2017 to Monday 3rd of January, 2018